Friday 1 July 2011

Google Reader

There's too much happening! Of course in the world, which has consequences in Reader if you subscribe to any kind of news feed, but also on screen.

The lefthand bar I find a bit confusing. Wouldn't 'Browse for stuff' fit better under 'Explore'? Why is 'Starred items' not part of 'Your stuff'? Why 'Your stuff' when it's 'Blogs I'm following'? And I can't work out how to create subfolders under 'Subscriptions'.

I've subscribed to other 23 Things blogs, a few journalists, and a few library writers. I think I should experiment with similar subscriptions in Thunderbird, my email client, and see whether I prefer it.

2 comments:

Annie Gleeson said...

If you click on the arrow next to the feed you want to put into the new folder, you can select "new folder" there.

I do find the left hand bar quite unhelpful and tend to keep all except "my subscriptions" minimised most of the time!

Neil said...

Thanks Annie. I'll get minimising and see if I like Reader more. As for folders: I can make them, but not within other folders!