Friday 24 June 2011

Blogger

I think my blog has found its final shape, so it's time to post my thoughts on making it, along with what I hope to get out of 23 Things and my previous experience of social software. My only experience is of bookmarking sites like Delicious and Connotea, which I used around 2006: I wrote my library school dissertation on indexing in these systems. I'm not sure message boards count, but in my teens (the late 1990s) I followed one dedicated to the cinema of the nouvelle vague. Oh all right—Nintendo games.

What I hope to get out of 23 Things is a better awareness of the variety and possibilities of social software, through a weekly prod into trying out different systems. My blog, where I'll report what I've done, I also wanted to be anchored in living and working in Cambridge, which I hope explains the bulletins from civil society. Something I've realised this week I should think about is how professionalism sits with a political commitment. Perhaps I could start by looking into the work of the Haldane Society, for lawyers.

I'll post later on making my blog.

No comments: